Our primary objectives are early consultation with policy-makers, building partnerships and the sharing of best practices in occupational health & safety management.
You will become part of a network of Health & Safety Professionals with access to the best intelligence on OH&S policy developments and government operations in the province.
You’ll get access to the OH&S knowledge and management experience of a broad range of Ontario employers – including many of Canada’s largest corporations.
The membership fee is on a sliding scale, with a relative cost of about $1.00 per employee.
- Contribute strategically to the OH&S policy process.
- Meet face-to-face with policy makers, including the Minister of Labour, Deputy Minister and senior WSIB leadership.
- Receive sound information and analysis developed by a policy monitoring and research program.
- Receive updates on regulatory and policy changes.
- Build a network of knowledgeable professionals in the health and safety field.
- Share information on OH&S practices that reduce workplace injuries and illnesses.
What’s the Cost of Membership
Fees for membership are charged proportionately on the size of the organization as determined by the number of employees in Ontario. Currently the minimum membership fee is $500.00 with a maximum of $3500.00 for companies exceeding 3000 employees. A good approximation of the fee is one dollar per employee.
If you consider yourself to be a high-performer, join the BCOHS and see what can be accomplished by an organized, broadly-based employer coalition.
If interested in membership or if you have questions, contact us here.